With the holidays just around the corner, this means lots of holiday get-togethers with friends and family that center around one thing—lots and lots of food. Here are some helpful tips to help you stay healthy and keep you on track during the holidays.
1. Think first, “Do I really like this? Is it one of my favorites?” If you try it, ask yourself, “Does this really taste that good?”
2. Eat a small meal before the party.
3. Remember to stay active and keep exercising during the holidays. Turn up the music and try dancing as a workout!
4. Set realistic goals—strive for weight maintenance rather than weight loss.
5. Remember that alcohol is full of empty calories and increases appetite.
6. Practice moderation, not deprivation.
7. Position yourself away from the buffet table, enjoy the conversation instead!
8. Bring a go-to healthy dish to share—try a salad, fruit & veggie platter, or vegetable soup.
9. Be 100% mindful of everything you’re eating and enjoy it. Research shows that eating in groups can cause us to overeat.
10. Don’t wait until January 1st to start your “healthy” New Years Resolution!