The holiday season can leave many people feeling run-down, fatigued, and stressed out. Here are some helpful tips to make sure you stay feeling healthy and strong during those cold winter months.
1. Get adequate sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours per night. Cut down on the caffeine and get on a regular schedule to ensure a restful night’s sleep.
2. Eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods. Load up on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
3. Watch your dessert and sweet intake. It’s okay to enjoy your favorite holiday desserts, but moderation is key! (Try our healthy oatmeal cookie recipe!)
4. Make a to-do list and prioritize the five most important things. Taking on too much will only add to holiday stress.
5. Stay active and keep on an exercise regimen.
6. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption. This can lead to dehydration, decreased sleep, added calories, and more fatigue.
7. Make time to relax, read, take a bath—this will decrease your stress and leave you feeling rejuvenated.
8. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water—aim for 8 eight-ounce glasses per day.
9. Get active outside, research shows that sunlight and exercise can be great mood lifters.
10. SPEND TIME WITH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE!